The Sun Inn

The Sun a free house which has a reputation for its food and guest ales. The first mention of an ale house is in 1717. From the mid 1700s was known as a hostelry  with it accommodation and stables it  was used as a stop for stagecoaches. By 1855 it had been acquired by he Hatfield Brewery, in 1882 it changed to Pryor Reed and in the 1920s it was sold to the Benskins Brewery.

 

 


Due to the OFT in the late 1970s decree that no brewery should have a monopoly they were obliged to release ‘The Sun’ to Ind Coope. A popular local for the village and surrounding area.

To view website Click Here