The long Arm and Short Arm


The long Arm and Short Arm was originally a cottage and blacksmith’s shop and dates from 1734.Its location in the stagecoach era was next to the Great North Road. Images from 1900 show the beer house with the name of McMullens on it.

 

 

 

 

It stayed as a simple beer shop until 1928 when it was one of several pubs in the area which had its licence renewal temporarily refused. In 1929 with the license renewed the beer house was knocked down a larger building was built by the McMullens brewery which is still standing and still owned by McMullens serving fine ales and food

 

To view website Click Here